Sunday, August 23, 2015

8/23 ~ Terri Hatcher

1995 USAIDS 5,000
(20th Anniversary Special)
Post #64: 
[Excerpts from AN IMPOSSIBLE DREAM STORY (edited to show real names) accompany each photo.]
~~~
Picture #155
 
[ With eight days to go, we accepted an APLA invitation to be among a select group of volunteer coordinators to promote the APLA Aids Walk. Hosted by Warner Brothers Studios, the APLA director pumped up the crowd during his motivational speech: “Before bringing up the star of our show, I want to introduce you to a man some call Viper. He is bicycling 5,000 miles for our cause. He has AIDS, and he biked here to challenge all of you to walk with us this year, to make a difference. Jim Petretta, stand up; folks, give him a big welcome.” After a round of cheering applause, he continued. . .. ] (Poster and photo from August 23, 1995)

 ~~~
Picture #156
 [ . . . Now help me welcome your favorite actress, who plays Lois Lane on the now-popular Lois & Clark series. Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s my pleasure to introduce you to Miss Terri Hatcher.” Terri was about to take time from her busy schedule to make a commercial for the 1995 APLA AIDS Walk. . . ] (pictures from August 23, 1995)
— with Actress Teri Hatcher

 ~~~
Picture #157
 [ . . . Carl Lebman, never shy when it comes to celebrities, wormed his way to the front, both to get her autograph and to convince Miss Hatcher to meet me. Gracious as she was, Terri reportedly told Carl, “I wouldn’t dream of leaving here without meeting that remarkable man. Where is he? Let’s get a picture together. I think he’s scheduled to make a TV promotional spot with me.” Although our scenes were to be filmed separately, I was asked to bike in a short segment of that very same APLA commercial. Now, that is just cool!

(Terri Hatcher was already famous at the time I was lucky enough to meet her, but who knew her stardom would explode with another series which lasted several seasons and is still running today? It, of course, is known as Desperate Housewives. When I tell the story of meeting her, people say, “No Way!”) Although we would not meet again while shooting our segments of the APLA commercial, I did stumble across three gals known as the Venice Angels on Venice Beach, where they were promoting their new cassette. They played harp, flute and, my favorite instrument of all, autoharp. The Venice Angels have been contracted in the past to tour with Yanni as part of his string orchestra. They kindly autographed a cassette for me. Someday, I will pass it on to an angel, but whom? ] (Picture from August 23, 1995)

— with Lebman Carl and Actress Teri Hatcher



   

No comments:

Post a Comment