Thursday, June 18, 2015

6/18 ~ Cleveland AIDS Taskforce

1995 USAIDS 5,000
Post #19: 
Traveling from Erie, PA to Cleveland, headed for AIDS Taskforce, we went through the town of Madison, Ohio, stopping for lunch provided by Wendy's, my favorite Burger place. A 17 y.o. employee named Tom Connett, just finishing his shift, and being on his school track team, decided to run along side me, for a good distance, in lieu of bicycling. Good people are everywhere, but special people like Tom lift the spirits of those around them. (Each picture has more details.)

Rose Marie Kelsey Way to go...u r looking good..
Jim Petretta You do understand, that was 20 years ago, right? LOL A phrase I used several places in my book..."If only . . ." haha!
 
~~~
Picture #033

After a good night's rest at Super 8 Motels, our corporate sponsor, Carl and I headed for a short visit to AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland, an organization dedicated to serving clients throughout Northeastern Ohio. They were busy preparing for their biggest annual fundraiser, "Dancing in the Streets", and were able to tap into local media, covering USAIDS 5,000 for additional publicity. I also called for $5k corporate challenges to support them based on my mileage. Not wanting us to expose clients, Crise France, director, arranged for Carl Lebman and me to have lunch with her and staff. Carl often played photographer; therefore is not in the picture. (Picture from June 19, 1995)
— with Crise Francis, Director, AIDS Taskforce

~~~
Picture #034

This newspaper is Cleveland Plain Dealer, however, I don't see a by-line. The picture is one supplied by VA Western New York Healthcare System. Buffalo, when I was promoting the upcoming bike trip, on World AIDS Day, December 1, 1994. It shows how countless folks were involved in helping this effort. (Article from June 20, 1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment