Friday, June 5, 2015

6/1 ~ First Meal & ICOB

1995 USAIDS 5,000
Post #2:
This was my first meal on the road May 31, 1995. I soon learned to eat 5 meals per day, for needed calories. But to make USAIDS 5,000 possible, months of planning and lots of work and donations came in, like from my friends in Imperial Court of Buffalo. (Each picture has more details.)

 ~~~
Picture #003

This was my very first meal on the road, about half way to Rochester, from Buffalo. I soon learned to eat 5 meals a day, to replace calories burned. (Picture from May 31, 1995)

Sue Fleming wished i would have known you back then you rode right past my house. but i know you now and i am so proud to call you my friend.
Nancy K. Sorensen Buff and hot....oh, yes....where were we? Thank goodness you took care of yourself. lol
 

~~~ 
Picture #004

Much work and planning went into making USAIDS 5,000 a successful ride, including this fundraising event hosted by Club Marcella in Rochester on May 10, 1995, and presented by my longtime great friends in the Imperial Court of Buffalo (ICOB). (Picture of flyer from May 10, 1995)

Chevon Davis I remember this show!
Salvatore Indelicato · 5 mutual friends Good times [smile emoticon]
J Grant Anderson · 2 mutual friends Was that really 20 years ago?! & how do you remember that Chevon Davis? I can barely remember what I did yesterday! What did I have for breakfast today? Did I brush my teeth? Oh no I forgot my underwear. Oh wait no I didn't that's on purpose. Did you see that hot guy? What was I doing again? 
Nancy K. Sorensen I'm with you. But I remember this being a very very difficult road - so to speak
Kevin V Wagner wow. great piece of history
Garrett King Always grateful to you Chevon Davis and others like Vicky Vogue that helped pave the way for the freedom we celebrate now. 
Chevon Davis If you noticed...this event was done at Club Marcella in Rochester. This was one of Reign 5's first events.
Bill Stoetzel · Friends with Al Liberante and 1 other It was one of our first events.... and my first time at the original Marcella's
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment